For the next several blog posts I would like to take some time and share with you various ways that you can incorporate aspects of loving your spouse in your marriage or your marriage to be. Too often we simply walk through life and allow it to just pass us by, one day waking up to the fact that our marriage has become boring and predictable. Rarely is engagement boring and predictable and I believe marriage can continue to be spontaneous and fun. So, here you go…
- Frequently tell each other that you still love one another
- Pray together and lead family devotions together
- Do some things spontaneously and zany
- Share household chores and get them done sooner
- Set a regular date night
- Do the “fix-it” jobs around the house, not letting them pile up
- Greet each other with a smile and a kiss several times a day
- Provide a lingering hug often
- Hold hands often, e.g., in the car, under the table, at church
- Listen to one another without counseling one another
- Sit close as often as you can
- Rub one another’s back
- Take time to look good for one another and wear each other’s favorite cologne or perfume
- Write love notes often – send text messages and email to one another
- Thank one another for the mundane household tasks accomplished daily
- Surprise one another by serving each other in some special way
- Always talk about one another favorably in public and to your children
- Brag about one another among friends and acquaintances, letting them know how proud you are of him/her
- Attend fellowship together and have a church family to challenge your marriage and family
- Maintain your own spiritual walk with God
5 thoughts on “Ways to Love our Spouse”
Good word Steve. It was great to catch up recently. Thanks so much for your input into our marriage.
You are so welcome!!!
so glad you did your sermon on sunday
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:20:13 +0000 To: email@example.com
Not what anyone wants to go through, but thank you as I trust it is used in the lives of the precious ones present.
Hi, I’m Ꭻerome. I spend too much time surfing thhe web,
looking for interesting articles ‘n’ stuff. Here’s one Ι hope y᧐uu like.