I recently asked a very godly woman what makes her feel secure in her marriage. She shared these thirteen things about her husband:
- My husband loves and prioritizes God as #1 in his life.
- My husband spends time daily with his Savior in the Bible and in prayer.
- My husband is committed to me, to our marriage; he speaks this regularly and often tells me that he loves me.
- I have a home that is safe for my children, others and me. My husband built this home with his own hands and labor of love and there is a spirit of peace that resides in our home.
- My husband has lived by Biblical financial values and made sure that we are not in debt; all the while, investing into our future. Our bills are paid and we have a savings account.
- My husband affirms me – my gifts, my passions and my contributions. He affirms my work, my person and my beauty.
- My husband has always believed in me, encouraged me and encouraged the gifts that God has placed in my life.
- I can truly trust my husband because he incorporates strict codes of behavior and boundaries concerning relationship with the opposite sex.
- My husband is faithful with his eyes – he does not view pornography, but uses self-control and is honorable.
- He is really good with people and I trust him to speak life, wisdom and grace-filled counsel.
- He prays with me and for me.
- He encourages me to hear God for myself.
- He encourages me to express my gift of giving.
What would your wife share if you asked her what helps her feel secure within your marriage? Better yet, go out on a date and ask that very question.