Have you ever wondered what people regret the most just before leaving this life? It seems others have as well, so Huffington Post in the year 2012 published an article on the top five regrets of the dying. Here they are:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
I found that list interesting in that numbers 1,3, and 4 are some form of regret connected to others while number 2 is connected to personal action. Number 5 seems to bring up regret of being too serious or perhaps too passive. Do not allow the “I wishes” to ruin your life today. Check out these verses: “Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous… In this way they will lay up treasures for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.” (I Timothy 6:19)
Totally avoid these regrets by living your life for your Lord, walking in forgiveness, being who He has made you to be and daily embracing the life that is truly life.