- Give thanks. We are commanded in the scripture to give thanks in all things. This test is greatest when we do not feel thankful. (I Thessalonians 5:18)
- Timothy wisely said that we were to pray for kings and all those in authority that we might live peaceful lives. We need peace in this nation…pray. (I Timothy 2:1-3)
- Speak life. We have heard enough polarizing language for a lifetime. There is life and death in the tongue and the tongue of the wise brings healing. Bring healing with your words. (Proverbs 18:21; 12:18)
- Overlook offenses and do not speak offensively. (Proverbs 19:11)
- Listen to and respect others. The scripture tells us that it is folly to answer before listening. Listening will keep us engaged and attempting to understand. (Proverbs 18: 2, 13)
- Love your neighbor. Period. (Matthew 22: 39)
- Forsake pride. Pride breads quarrels. (Proverbs 13: 10)
Let’s use what has happened in our nation to mature, to pursue loving others and to ask God for His change to take place in every one of our lives. Jesus is the reconciler, it’s what He does and He uses us to help bring reconciliation. Remember who paid the highest price, and proclaim His love to this nation. Reach out to the hurting all around you and share about the One who longs to heal their hurts, disappointments and fears.