Running out of ideas for inexpensive, but fun date nights? It’s time to celebrate your Valentine, so here are a few ideas, many that my wife and I have enjoyed over the years:
1. Visit an open house or a new model home for creative decorating and renovating ideas.
2. Try a new hiking or biking trail in your area.
3. Rent a Red Box movie or download a free movie.
4. Visit several local thrift stores or a flea market and enjoy some bargain hunting.
5. Go on a coffee, tea or ice-cream date.
6. Is there indoor ice-skating in your area? If not, try bowling.
7. Take some back country roads you’ve never driven on and see where you end up. Keep the conversation going while you enjoy the drive.
8. Try a new museum or art gallery. Look for tours you haven’t been on in your locale.
9. Visit your favorite wing night restaurant.
10. Take advantage of free music concerts at local parks.
11. Cook together or create a new dessert.
12. Go on a scenic photo shoot and take some selfies. Then, post them on-line or on Facebook and ask your friends to guess where the pictures were taken.
13. If you’re near your home area, take your spouse to a favorite childhood spot.
14. Watch a really old movie you love or never viewed before.
15. Take a night walk. Be sure to use a reflective vest and carry a flashlight.
Bonus date: Dig out your old photo albums, sit on the couch and laugh! Send us your ideas.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you!